Contents Insurance

If you own an Overseas Home or Holiday Home you may have had difficulty in obtaining satisfactory cover which safeguards your contents and valuables against the perils you would expect to receive.

Our Overseas Home Insurance policy will cover your contents and valuables against a full range of perils. The policy is underwritten at Lloyd's and is written in English for your added protection.

The standard perils provide cover for loss or damage caused by:-

  • Fire, Lightning or Explosion
  • Earthquake
  • Smoke
  • Storm, Flood, Avalanche or Weight of Snow
  • Escape of Water
  • Escape of Oil
  • Theft or Attempted Theft
  • Riot
  • Malicious Damage or Terrorism
  • Collision by Aircraft, Animals or Vehicles
  • Falling Trees, Branches, Lampposts or Telegraph Poles
  • Breakage or Collapse of Satellite or Television/Radio Aerials

In addition to these perils our Overseas Property Insurance policy provides the following additional covers Free of charge.

  • Accidental Damage to TV's, Satellite Decoders and Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Accidental Breakage of Mirrors and Glass in Furniture
  • Loss of Rent and/or Alternative Accommodation
  • Electrical Power Surge Cover
  • Up to £1,000,000 Legal Liability to the Public Cover
  • Emergency Travel Expenses
  • Index Linking

You can also extend your Overseas Property Insurance to provide cover for:-

  • Accidental Damage to Contents
  • Freezer Contents
  • Additional Money and Credit Cards
  • Pedal Cycles while away from the home
  • Valuables and Personal Possessions while away from the home
  • Fixtures and Fittings of the property not covered by a block buildings policy
  • Cover for your Buildings can be included under the same policy as your Contents
  • Add your UK Home Insurance to the same policy for added protection

The full terms and conditions can be found in our Overseas Home Insurance policy wording, please click the Summary of Cover button below to view or download a current copy of this policy.

If you own a flat or apartment and the buildings are insured via a management company you may find that in many cases the cover will be limited to the super structure of the property only, therefore cover for internal fixtures and fittings such as bathrooms, kitchens, flooring, decorations or other items may not be covered.

You should check with the insurer of the property or your insurance agent to find out exactly what you are covered for and what is excluded.

Anything that isn't covered by your buildings insurer can be covered under your contents policy as we have designed a section which allows you to obtain cover for your fixtures and fittings.
All claims are settled under the buildings section of the policy.

Get a QuoteSummary of Cover