Overseas & UK Combined Insurance

If you own an Overseas Home or Holiday Home and have had difficulty in obtaining satisfactory cover then you will most certainly have also found it difficult to obtain cover for your home in the UK when it is left unoccupied for long periods while you visit or stay in your Overseas Home.

At Insure My Villa we have a solution to this problem, simply add your UK Home Insurance to your Overseas Home Insurance policy and not only will you benefit from our first class service and excellent cover but we will also give you an extra discount for insuring both your properties with us.

We can insure your UK Home as long as is it your main residence when you are in the UK, even if its left unattended or unoccupied for long periods of time.

You can also insure your UK Home on its own and add your Overseas Home at a later date if the need arises.

Our UK Home Insurance policy can cover your buildings, contents and valuables against a full range of perils. The policy is underwritten at Lloyd's and is written in English for your added protection.

The standard perils for your UK Home provide cover for loss or damage caused by:-

  • Fire, Lightning or Explosion
  • Earthquake
  • Smoke
  • Storm, Flood, Avalanche or Weight of Snow
  • Escape of Water
  • Escape of Oil
  • Theft or Attempted Theft
  • Riot
  • Malicious Damage or Terrorism
  • Collision by Aircraft, Animals or Vehicles
  • Falling Trees, Branches, Lampposts or Telegraph Poles
  • Breakage or Collapse of Satellite or Television/Radio Aerials
  • Subsidence, Landslip or Ground Heave

In addition to these perils our UK Home Insurance policy provides the following additional covers Free of charge.

For Buildings:
  • Accidental Damage to fixed glass, sanitary ware and underground services
  • Loss of Rent and/or Alternative Accommodation
  • Trace and Access Cover
  • Electrical Power Surge Cover
  • Solar Panels Covered
  • £5,000,000 Legal Liability to the public Cover
  • Emergency Travel Expenses
  • Index Linking

For Contents:
  • Accidental Damage to TV's, Satellite Decoders and Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Accidental Breakage of Mirrors and Glass in Furniture
  • Loss of Rent and/or Alternative Accommodation
  • Electrical Power Surge Cover
  • £5,000,000 Legal Liability to the public Cover if the property is your main residence
  • Emergency Travel Expenses
  • Index Linking

You can also extend your UK Home Insurance to provide cover for:-

  • Accidental Damage to Buildings
  • Accidental Damage to Contents
  • Valuables and Personal Possessions while away from the home, if your Overseas Home is a Holiday Home

The full terms and conditions can be found in our Overseas / UK Home Insurance policy wording, please click the Summary of Cover button below to view or download a current copy of this policy.

Get a QuoteSummary of Cover